Tuesday 13 October 2015

Q4 Finish Along

If this post looks familiar, that's because it is largely unchanged from last quarter's Finish Along! These projects are all the languishing ones from around the place which would be great to resolve.  Mostly they're UFOs because there's some design or other problem with them...I managed one finish and have added a new project plus a Christmas gift and hopefully there will be net loss by the end of the year...

1. Have a quilt worth of cross blocks here, but I need to resolve the colour scheme which I liked better before I added the rust colours? Thoughts welcome!










  

2. Have finished this quilt except for the binding. Was considering cutting it and resetting it- that discussion is for another day- which is why the quilt is still a UFO.  


3 This quilt is from the Simply Solids Bee that I was in a few years ago. I have 12 blocks of varying  sizes due to everyone's 1/4" seam being different! Can't face remaking them all- not such a good choice for a bee block- so a problem...!


But I'm dying to see the secondary pattern emerge so maybe I can think of something.


4. This was an early effort at paper piecing and I'd like to do something with this orphan block. Not quite square because I failed to print two of the pieces at 100%. Again it'd be good to have another go and see the secondary pattern emerge.



Then from last quarter these next few...

5. A quilt with these shot cottons has had a change of plan.



6. Another bag featuring this fabric


7. Widen and complete this oven Mitt. This is only the front (or back)




8. A table runner (promised about 3 years ago) for my sister in law- design problem here...

9. Bags for our Yaktrax- often used in the ice this winter.


Then the alluring new projects:

10. A leather tote bag

11. Another quilt in the Gum Tree series (so far numbering 1!!) I have the fabric and am thinking of a chevron based design.


12. A Grunge quilt inspired by the walls in the Wallander TV series.

13. This is an especially nice one! My beautiful and creative daughter has been doing a bit of free form embroidery lately and made me this most lovely piece which I'd like to make into a zippy pouch for myself. I'm thinking of using the Architextures green for the lining.



14. Last on this quarter's little list (ahem!) is a couple of pot holders for gifts.

I'm looking forward to posting on our recent trip to Barcelona and Lisbon as soon as I get a chance.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love to read them and always try to reply by email. If you're a no reply blogger I won't be able to email you though so check back for a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...