Tuesday 30 July 2013

By Jove I think She's Got It!

The wonders of the information available on the internet never cease to amaze me. Not to mention the fantastic interaction in the blogging community.  The lovely Annabella (who blogs at Life's Rich Pattern all the way from Morocco) left me a comment on my last post which simply said "I hope you don't pin...pinning is bad news for sure...much easier to ease", which sent me searching for answers.


I did press this, but it clearly needs another go, this was my first effort with the pins



In desperation after too many pins, puckers, unsmooth curves and consequent unpicking, I looked for tutorials on how to piece small tight curves and with in milliseconds (seemingly) had located Leanne's fantastic little video. Of course I'd come across Leanne's blog before and have been following for a while, so I wasn't surprised she'd posted this great little no-fuss tute.

Curves on the second attempt are much smoother

My curved piecing improved exponentially as soon as I tried this method. I think some of the difficulty was also caused by the compounding error of me making my own not-quite-up-to-the-mark templates.

Living and learning (yet again)!

6 comments:

  1. This is helpful! I'm going to remember this when and if I try curves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your handy hint, it obviously makes an incredible difference. Your second attempt looks just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for you! I am sew glad to see you took on those curves, lady! That is the same video I viewed before tackling my curves on the Sew Retro quilt. Great job, Camilla! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!! And I was completely useless and didn't come back to you with Leanne's tute as I am hideously behind on emails due to the heat :( So pleased you found it anyway and you have conquered your DPs which look amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would not have thought to do it that way, thanks for sharing the link! Looks like it really worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm glad you found a way to piece your drunkards' path blocks more easily! I've only ever done it without pinning so I have no basis for comparison, but I very much like sewing it that way. Quicker! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read them and always try to reply by email. If you're a no reply blogger I won't be able to email you though so check back for a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...